To be admitted to Alliance Sport-Études, you must:
For college student-athletes:
- Be admitted to an Alliance Sport-Études member college.
List of member colleges
- A) Play in the QMJHL, QJHL* (LHJQ) or the LHMAAAQ
B) Be identified as an Excellence, Élite, Relève or Espoir athlete by a federation recognized by the Direction du sport et de l’activité physique of the ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport.
* Eligible QJHL players are those studying in a member college, have evolved in the Midget AAA league and currently appear on the protection list of a QMJHL team.
For student-athletes at a university:
- Be admitted to an Alliance Sport-Études member university.
List of member universities
- Be identified as an Excellence, Élite, Relève or Espoir athlete by a federation recognized by the Direction du sport et de l’activité physique of the ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport.
Applications for admission to Alliance Sport-Études must be completed online before November 1 for the winter semester and before March 1 for the fall semester.
A $40 (non-refundable) fee is charged for opening a student-athlete file at both the college and university level. There is a late application fee of $80. Application fees are only charged for the initial application and registration in Alliance Sport-Études is automatically renewed each semester.
College student-athletes are charged $44 per semester by the educational institution.
- Espoir Athletes
Espoir student-athletes are charged an additional administration fee of $70 per semester by Alliance Sport-Études because this category is not covered by the ministerial grant.
- Cégep à distance
Student-athletes taking one or more courses with Cégep à distance are charged an additional administration fee of $30 per course by Alliance Sport-Études to cover the individualized support for these courses.
- University Student-Athletes
There are no administration fees for university student-athletes.